1st Line Support Engineer
Job Title: 1st Line Support Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
We are a growing IT Support and Managed Services Provider, based in Burnley. We have an upcoming vacancy for a talented 1st Line Support Engineer looking to work in the SME sector.
Great opportunities for growth, and an excellent career path through the company.
As it is an IT Managed Service Provider, there will be lots of opportunities to get hands-on experience with a lot of different technologies.
Main Duties of the 1st Line Support Engineer:
- Providing 1st/2nd line IT support; answering support queries via phone and email.
- Ensuring that all calls are logged onto the Service Desk system accurately and promptly.
- Attempting to resolve customer faults and problems immediately if possible.
- Keeping customers informed on the status and progress of their faults if an immediate fix has not been possible.
- Supporting customers in the use of their computer equipment by providing the necessary advice.
- Escalating complex calls to the relevant IT Support member, promptly, where you are not able to resolve the issue.
- Monitoring and daily checks as requested by Line Manager.
- Setting up computer equipment in readiness to ship to customer sites.
Skills / Knowledge / Experience required:
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, usually over the phone and by email.
- Ability to organize your time and ask for assistance when lack of time is an issue.
- Ability to follow a logical problem-solving process.
- Ability to follow the Service Desk procedures and seek advice when unsure.
Essential Personal Qualities:
- Minimum of 2 Years’ Experience in an MSP or Service Desk Environment
- A proven keen interest in IT and a career in the IT industry.
- A positive and friendly attitude when dealing with customers.
- A keenness to work within a team and to support your working colleagues.
- An appetite to learn and take on new challenges.
- ‘Hands-on’ approach and a willingness to learn
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Attention to detail
- This role offers the opportunity to progress into a 2nd line role, including attending customer sites
- On the job training will be integral to the role.
- External training will be offered.
In return, we can offer you an exciting career in a growing company with excellent salary and benefits which includes: Pension, Parking and On-Going Training.