Junior Technical Consultant
Job Title: Junior Technical Consultant
Job Type: Permanent
Are you a 3rd Line Engineer looking for a new challenge role? This fast-growing 24/7 IT Support and Managed Services Provider, based in Blackburn. We are looking for a strong 3rd line engineers to join the team as a Junior Technical Consultant.
Joining as a Technical Services team member you will be involved in driving the customer experience. Whether you are finding solutions to technical problems; managing an incident; completing a project; capturing client requirements or keeping up to date with industry trends, you will play a vital role ensuring the delivery of great customer service.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills required:
Should be familiar with or have experience of a selection of the below:
- Microsoft Windows Server OS (including roles)
- Microsoft 365 Exchange Online SharePoint Online
- Microsoft Intune and Windows AutoPilot
- VMWare ESX and vCenter
- Meraki Networking; Security Appliance, Switching and Wireless
- SAN and Storage Technologies; IBM, HP, NetGear
- Citrix Apps and Desktops
- Citrix ADC
- Veeam Backup
- Email Security; Mimecast, Trend, ProofPoint
Main Duties of the Junior Technical Consultant:
- Liaising with customer IT managers to support existing technologies and recommend infrastructure and security improvements based on our partner products.
- Working with support teams and Technical Services team to act as and internal escalation point.
- Assisting and ensuring all environments are up-to-date with patches via RMM platform.
- Identify repeat issues and create scripts and automation tasks to free up time and resource.
- Place follow-up calls to customers about ongoing issues and requests
- Prioritise calls within your queue and ensure calls are managed in accordance with agreed service levels
- Complete projects in accordance with the expectations of the customer and in line with the processes outlined.
- Attend customer premises to diagnose faults and rectify. Complete repairs and other maintenance tasks
- Carry out technical site visits, audits and installation on customer sites
A clean, full UK driving License is essential for part of this role being site and field support across the country.
The candidate will be required to work primarily Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:00 with an opportunity to join the out of hours on call rota once proven. There will be an requirement to stay away from home during implementations and installations occasionally, as our customer base is throughout the UK and now venturing abroad.
In return, we can offer you an exciting career in a growing company with an excellent salary upto £35k base and benefits.
If you are interested in this role, then please APPLY ASAP and we will be in touch with further details.