2nd Line Engineer
Are you a 2nd Line Engineer looking for a new challenge role? This fast growing 24/7 IT Support and Managed Services Provider, based in Blackburn. We are looking for a strong 2nd line engineers to join the team.
As a 2nd Line Engineer this role can offer you career technical experience and hands-on training. You also get chance to work from home as well as meeting the clients face to face to provide onsite services. Plus, the option of Overtime to earn extra money.
Please be advised that this role does have a 24/7 shift based patterns.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills required:
- Min. 2-3 Years’ experience as an 2nd Line Engineer
- Sound knowledge of:
- Windows Server 2008/12/16
- Microsoft Exchange/O365
- Active Directory Administration
- VMware or Hyper-V
- Working knowledge of DNS/DHCP/Group Policy etc.
- Back-up and restore procedures
Main Duties of the 2nd Line Engineer:
- Providing 2nd line IT support; answering support queries via phone, email and on site.
- Ensuring that calls are logged onto the Helpdesk system accurately and promptly.
- Diagnosing customer faults remotely, resolving problems immediately where possible.
- Attending customer sites to diagnose faults and repair computer systems and peripherals.
- Organising your tickets within agreed SLA’s and keeping customers informed on the status and progress of their tickets.
- Escalating complex calls to the relevant IT Support member, promptly, where you are not able to resolve the issue.
- Documenting all installation details promptly, including passwords, configuration settings etc
- Occasionally you will need to carry out technical site visits, audits and installation on customer sites.
In return we can offer you an exciting career in a growing company with excellent salary upto £23k base + Overtime and benefits which includes: Pension, Parking and On Going Training.
If you are interested in this role, then please APPLY ASAP and we will be in touch with further details.