Business Development / Public Sector Sales. Manchester based MSP. to £70k ote
Due to continued growth year on year, my client is seeking a talented IT Sales, Business Development Manager who has a successful track record in identifying, developing and nurturing private, public, and housing associate accounts. Who is looking for a higher income reward for their hard work and efforts
The IT Business Development Manager will provide solutions that include: IT Infrastructure: “Managed Services” Hardware, Software, Hosting, Hybrid and Cloud Solutions, and Consultative Services, O365 Migrations to end-use customers throughout the UK.
The main purpose of the IT Business Development Manager is to develop, nurture and engage with new and existing customers offering the full stack of IT Infrastructure and Cloud solutions to private and public sector customers. Any experience of housing associations would also be a huge bonus.
What makes this role different:
- You have the independence to be creative with deals and develop key clients through effective prospecting, business development and account management.
- The chance to join an existing team and a privately owned company established for over 28 years
- excellent earnings potential. A very generous, and highly rewarding comm plan
- The backing of a highly reputable customer-focused IT solutions provider and a recently appointed Sales Director wanting to push-on the business
- You have be given the support and opportunity to "make a difference”.
As the IT Business Development Manager, your responsibilities will include
- Proven new business and account management experience within IT solutions and professional service sales
- Already have a Lead Generation system that consistently feeds you opportunities
- Maintain a high volume of activity including outbound calls, emails and client meetings.
- Supporting, guiding and helping to define, differentiate, develop, lead and close deals across the account and customer base
- Grow (Land) and further penetrate (Expand) new accounts to develop business opportunities ("hunter & farmer")
- The ability to effectively build, manage and maintain long-term customer relationships at the highest level.
- Demonstrable experience in leading a major account, developing and closing multiple deals in the Public and Private Enterprise market.
- Understand the Public Sector bid management process
- The ability to work effectively, defining the right proposition for specific client’s needs
- Proven experience and track record in selling a breadth of professional services and infrastructure solutions to enterprise customers
- Accountability for all operational transactions to ensure ownership of customer
- Used to planning and owning multiple solution sales campaigns personally
- Competition analysis
- The ability to manage the entire deal lifecycle from inception to delivery start and commercial close
- Methodically qualify, build and manage an accurate sales funnel
- Strategically attack a sales funnel to close new business
To be a successful IT Sales, Business Development Manager, you will need the following background:
- Proven experience in selling IT solutions and services. (Infrastructure: MSP, VAR background) knowledge of Ofiice365, Storage, Cloud and Hosting, Managed Service
- Extensive commercial experience and a proven track record in selling to mid-tier customers.
- A proven track record in growing and developing a public and private customer base.
- Ideally experienced in commercial management in a services organization
- Able to lead and manage public sector bids process
- The ability to adapt style to customer requirements
- Experience of working in a high customer and business-focused environment
- Presentation, communication, influencing, and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage complex sales campaigns and engage, build and maintain relationships up to a senior level
This is a great opportunity to really develop your IT sales career in a very ambitious IT Managed Service Provider who have massive growth plans and really looking for successful IT sales, Business Development Managers who can really develop a large customer base.
The things you can expect when you join this company:
- Competitive salary
- Generous incentive package
- PC or laptop – you choose!
- Pension contribution scheme (after 6 months)
- 20 days holiday per year
Their staff enjoy working there and stay with them for many years developing their careers and improving their earning income.
If you feel this might be a great opportunity, please get in touch now for a confidential chat with Gary Keay on 01257 429499.