Cyber Security Consultant / Incident Response. Manchester
Cyber Security Consultant
Due to expansion and growth of a Cyber Incident Response Team the ideal candidate will have a depth of experience handling a range of cyber incidents/attacks.
You’ll have a deep technical knowledge of cyber incident response, incident logs and investigations processes, along with excellent client-facing skills and a can-do attitude.
In summary: An experienced IT support Analyst who’s had good exposure to Cyber prevention, detection and resolution who is happy customer facing
Main Responsibilities for the Cyber Security Consultant
- Manage and organise initial responder activities remotely and onsite premises to contain cyber incidents for customers.
- Acquire and investigate server logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection system alerts, traffic logs and host system logs.
- Conduct forensic acquisitions of disks, RAM (and other volatile data), mobile telephone and other relevant devices.
- Calm and collected client Incident Management
- Emergency incident response – mitigation and remediation.
- Perform malware analysis.
- Develop the latest incident response tools and techniques utilising upon open source principles.
- Complete customer incident response capability maturity assessments.
- Progress customers’ own incident response capabilities through advisory and consultative projects.
- Delivering high quality technical investigations to clients
- Distribute written and oral customer communications in the form of presentations and reports.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with the commercial team and attend scoping calls when necessary.
- Provide quotations for the commercial team when required.
Skills and Experience expected of Cyber Security Consultant
- Educated to degree level or with equivalent work-related experience;
- Experience in cyber incident management, threat hunting and threat intelligence.
- Experience of collecting logs from and utilising HIDS, IDS/IPS systems, SIEMs, AD controllers and firewalls.
- Ability to correlate events from various sources to create incident timelines.
- Experience in cloud-based infrastructure including Microsoft Azure and Office 365, Amazon AWS, and Google Cloud.
- Excellent client-facing skills. Able to communicate at all levels, adapting the style of communication to meet the needs of the audience;
- Strong understanding of enterprise-grade technical security controls and defence in depth practices.
- An excellent attitude and the willingness to learn and study for certifications.
- Solid understanding and experience of dealing with network architecture, web applications and associated device
- Ability to effectively plan and coordinate projects;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to work and a high level of self-motivation;
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality;
The Desirable Skills for Cyber Security Consultant
- Previous exposure to enterprise-scale infrastructure and technology stacks.
- Understanding of information security defence and intelligence frameworks
- Experience in analysing packet captures and NetFlow logs from monitoring devices, typically WireShark.
Benefits given to the Cyber Security Consultant
- Free parking
- Pension scheme
- Contributory health care scheme
- Recognition & reward schemes
- Multiple social events throughout the year including the Company Family Day
- Month-end breakfast and lots more.
This role will require security clearance to SC level, please advise if you are a holder otherwise, we will need to carry out vetting