Data Migration Engineer
Job Title: Data Migration Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Homebased (UK only)
As a Data Migration Engineer, you will be responsible for large scale legacy data migrations, data cleansing, data transformations, data loading, planning and tracking of projects, and transition into business as usual. You will provide regular progress reports to Project Managers regarding data migration projects using reporting tools e.g. PowerBI.
You will be required to be vetted for security clearance to work with our UK government customers.
You will be working on signiﬁcant data migration projects for our customers across the UK, including government departments and many blue-chip companies. All of our data migration projects are managed remotely, but there may be requirements to meet with customers on site from time to time.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Ensure the delivery of all aspects of the data analysis, mapping, cleanse and transfer of data within shared drives and other electronic storage locations.
- To use agreed quality measures to measure the quality of the migrated data and the validation of the process and operation.
- Subject matter expert in data migration and management.
Qualiﬁcations & Skill Requirements
- Experience of being involved in successful data migration projects
- Background in data migration or other relevant experience
- Strong attention to detail in order to evaluate data for accuracy and errors
- The ability to clearly communicate with team members
- Excellent time management skills and a goal-oriented personality
- A strong understanding of data security
- Knowledge of ISO19650
- Experienced in PowerShell or other programming languages
- Experienced in SQL, database design and administration
- Experience with AWS services such as S3, EFS and EC2
- Experience with workﬂow management tools such as Airﬂow, DataPipeline, Cadence, SWF or others
If you are interested in this role, then please APPLY ASAP and we will be in touch with further details.