Senior ICT Technician. 6 month contract
Overall the role is to be an active member of the School Trust Network Support Team running the day-to-day ICT operations of the school supporting staff, students, and parents/carers.
Rate of £17 per hour, 37 hours, 6-month contract
This post may work across all trust schools.
- Manage the school’s ICT helpdesk, ensuring requests are being dealt with effectively and within the SLA arrangements. Escalating requests when necessary.
- Manage the school’s Active Directory environment within the guidelines and policies set out by the trust.
- Organise and direct the school’s ICT Technician/s providing support and advice when required.
- Ensuring the security of the ICT network and systems within the guidelines and policies set out by the trust.
- Assist the Trust Network Manager in the development, management, and maintenance of the ICT systems across the trust.
- Maintain high standards of health, safety, and security at all times. ICT Specific
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of the school’s network and ICT systems including telephony, CCTV and printing devices.
- Assist the Trust Network Manager in resolving complex problems in relation to hardware, software, and networking across the trust.
- Deputise for the Trust Network Manager, leading on ICT projects if required.
- Ensure that all end-user devices (desktops, laptops, projectors) are maintained and working to a high standard. Minimising disruption to teaching & learning.
- Plan the installations and setup of software, hardware, and peripherals when required.
- When appropriate, provide training to staff/students on any equipment or software that the school implements.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues reported to the Network Support Team.
- Install and set up software, hardware, AV equipment, and peripherals when required.
- Liaise with any outside agencies on technical matters.
- To assist in the maintenance of Microsoft 365 and other online systems used by the school/trust.
- Keep an up-to-date inventory of ICT hardware/software and licenses.
- Ensure the safe disposal of ICT equipment/consumables in line with school procedures and legal requirements.
- Assist in the management of the school/trust websites and social
To Qualify to apply for the role you must be DBS checked and cleared in the past 3 years