IT Field Engineer
Job Title: IT Field Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Our client are a leading provider of IT Managed Services. They are an integral part of our clients; we focus on three core areas:
- Managed IT Support services
- Managed Internet Services for serviced offices
- Managed Networks for security systems
We are looking for an experienced IT Field engineer to join their team, the work will involve office and site-based roles looking after their client’s IT systems. The successful candidate should be-able to demonstrate a passion for IT and customer service, with 3+ years’ experience in some of the following areas/technologies.
- You will be responsible for the installation of new equipment and the diagnosing and resolving of site issues.
- Working as part of a team, your position is a mix of field and office-based works.
- The position is a varied one, with workloads changing daily from laptop installation one day to setup of a multi-tenanted building the next.
- Good personal presentation and communication skills
- Strong customer service skills.
- Can demonstrate previous experience in problem-solving, clear telephone skills
- Familiar working with SLA’s & KPI’s.
- A full clean UK driving license
- Experience of desktop support – Setup of Windows/Mac based hardware for clients, diagnosing and resolving desktop issues.
- Microsoft Office 365 setup / administration
- Server based – installation, configuration, Active Directory, Group Policies, Hyper-V, DNS, DHCP
- Network setup – Installation and configuration of network switches, including routing, VLans, Cisco, Meraki and Ubiquiti.
- Internet connectivity – Using 4G,FTTC/DSL, Ethernet /Lease lines
- Firewall configuration to best practices experience in Mikrotik, Draytek products an advantage.
- Switch configuration – VLANs, Spanning tree, IP Routing
- Hosted VOIP
- Wireless setup and fault finding – Experience of Ubiquiti, Meraki or similar
- Data cabling experience would be a bonus
- Working with an exciting and growing business.
- Opportunity to grow in your role and develop in to another position.
- Joining a like-minded team with a work-hard play-hard mentality.
- 20 days holiday per annum, excluding bank holidays and your birthday off.
If you have the desire to work in an ambitious company and are able to deliver operational excellence then this role is made for you.