IT Support Engineer
Job Title: IT Support Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Our vision is to provide excellent IT infrastructure and services, which are effective, efficient, adaptable and meet the needs of our growing staff headcount. To become paperless in the future requires the development of a cutting-edge digital working environment providing high quality seamless services and delivered by a team of IT professionals.
IT Support Engineer will work closely with the entire IT team on our two main functional areas. Firstly, working on IT Projects will help improve our IT services and form a critical part of our continuous improvement focus and will often require working closely with our IT infrastructure experts. Second, the service desk is in constant need of improvement to support new IT responsibilities and we should deliver the most efficient service possible.
- Deliver IT projects, within timescales and budget
- Act as a point of escalation for IT support queries
- Maintain the Active Directory and Office 365 environments
- To provide administrative support to the delivery of IT systems and services
- Appropriately escalate problems to third party contractors and IT Management
- To provide onsite support across all sites which may result in an occasional overnight stay.
- Manual handling of IT equipment with deskside assistance or new desk setup.
- To support the delivery of the IT preventative maintenance plan
- Assist in the delivery of the business continuity plans
- To offer ideas to help continuously improve IT services and if appropriate implement them
- Liaise with external technical support organisations where problems cannot be resolved in house
- Ensure IT support targets are met and quality standards are adhered to
- Contribute to the development of robust IT processes to ensure a high-quality service is provided to both internal and external customers
- Deliver appropriate end-user training and documentation to help them use IT services effectively
- Any other duties as requested by IT Management, which are commensurate with the role
- Work under your own initiative, and manage your time and projects effectively
- Excellent knowledge of supporting MS Windows 2012/2016 File server environment including Active Directory
- Excellent knowledge of supporting a Windows desktop operating systems
- Knowledge of supporting a Virtual environment
- 3 years technical support
- 2 years Project Management experience
- Office 365 administration
- Desktop system build and deployment
- Liaising with 3rd party IT support companies
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Delivery of training / documentation to end-users
- Experience of supporting a multi-site environment
- Working in an ITIL environment
- Window Server system build and deployment
- GPO, DNS, DHCP hands on experience
- Windows 2016 Server system build
- VMware administration
- Firewall administration, VPN, network switch configuration and support
- Experience of supporting a VOIP system
- Previous experience of working in a financial sector
In return, we can offer you an exciting career in a growing company with an excellent salary up to £27k-£34k base and benefits which includes 9% Non-Contributory Pension, Annual Bonus Scheme and much more.
If you are interested in this role, then please APPLY ASAP and we will be in touch with further details.