Technical Lead, MSP Delivery & Cloud/Hosting Solutions
As a competent IT Technical Lead, you will be able to provide IT consultancy services to the full range of clients.
In particular, your primary focus will be on working with technical support teams to provide technical leadership
and advice, as well as managing and maintaining their and client systems and deputising for the technical director where necessary.
You will effectively support clients and colleagues as requested in a timely manner in line with the client’s support contracts.
You will also have responsibility for your specialism area; escalations, process improvement, documentation, and training for our PaaS infrastructure.
You are required to be able to provide reactive and pro-active technical support services and incident management for the following types of work:
- Monitoring and maintaining systems and networks
- Installation and configuration of systems
- Diagnosing faults in both hardware and software
- Solving technical and application issues by phone, email, or in-person
- Walking clients through troubleshooting steps
- Re-fitting and/or replacing client hardware
- Supporting updates and/or roll-outs for client applications (training of users as needed)
- Working to SLA’s
- Prioritising and managing multiple open tickets
- Establishing good working relationships with clients
You will also;
- Take details of any problem or service requirement from clients even if they fall outside of your remit – then escalate these appropriately to the relevant team
- Take ownership of tickets as appropriate and continue to own the task until completed even if elements of the work are delegated to others
- At times, be required to work out of the Office, at Client sites, or our datacenters. This will require travel possible overnight stays and has the potential for working out of office hours
In addition, you will have the following higher-level responsibilities:
- Testing and evaluating any new tech/applications/processes
- Being an escalation point for your colleagues
- Problem ticket management and conducting root cause analysis
- Project Work
- Maintenance of technical documentation
- Keeping yourself informed of all ongoing projects and multiuser impacting issues
- Acting as the main delegation point from The Technical Director
- Giving leadership to the senior technical teams
Finally, for your area of specialism, your responsibilities are;
- Provide technical leadership in your area of specialism and act as the final internal technical escalation point for all issues relating to your specialism
- Take an active role in developing other employees' knowledge and abilities in your area of specialism
- Take ownership of all documentation related to your area of specialism within our knowledge base, ensuring that all information is accurate and up to date
- Proactively keep your specialist knowledge up to date and develop new procedures and policies that improve our delivery of services to clients
- Support the senior technical team to the best of your ability
In return, we can offer you an exciting career in a growing company with an excellent salary up to £80k base and benefits which includes: Pension, Parking and On-Going Training.
If you are interested in this role, then please APPLY ASAP and we will be in touch with further details.