Job Title – Network Consultant
Location – Homeworking
Salary – £50,000 - £55,000 plus £4.8k car allowance
Duration – Permanent / Full Time
Sector – IT
All applications to – Earlan@gkrecruitment.com
The UK’s leading unified communications provider is looking for a Network Consultant to join their team to design and implement complex LAN and WAN network and IT infrastructure solutions for its customers. This is a remote working role with a requirement of 1 or 2 days a month office based so ideally you will be located around the Chorley, Wrexham or Midlands areas.
The company is constantly looking for the very best and brightest to join its ranks. They know that a company is only as good as its people. They also know that people can only achieve their best when they’re properly supported. That’s why they ensure you are given everything you need to do a great job, and you are always rewarded for hard work.
As a Network Consultant you will:
- Be responsible for designing and implementing complex network solutions, taking the proactive lead in ensuring they are installed on time and to the correct specification, and engaging with the company partner for WAN connectivity.
- Manage the installation of IT infrastructure project.
- Have operational responsibility for the implementation of IT infrastructure solutions, including server virtualisation, SAN storage, Backup, Business continuity and disaster recovery systems.
- Carry out remote and onsite customer meetings and site visits with a high standard of professionalism
- Provide proactive support duties for LAN, WAN and IT infrastructure solutions.
- Work as part of the IT pre-sales consultancy team, sharing your expertise with your colleagues and peers.
The successful Network Consultant will have the following skills and experience:
- A minimum level of Cisco CCNP, or an alternate vendor equivalent.
- Must have Border Gateway Protocol experience – BGP
- Excellent understanding of complex LAN and WAN networks, including VLAN’s, QoS, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP etc.
- Experience in designing and installing complex LAN and WAN solutions for multiple services – Voice, Data, WiFi etc.
- Excellent understanding and experience of network security, segregation, firewalls and encryption.
- Excellent IT infrastructure skills, with deep knowledge of firewalls, servers, SAN storage, data backup and business continuity solutions.
- Experience with the Microsoft server stack of software, eg. Windows Server, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, SQL, Exchange etc.
- Successful proposal, tender and Solution design skills, creating HLD, LLD and Concept documents.
- Full valid UK driving license as there is a requirement to travel on a regular basis throughout the UK to visit customers and members of your team.
In return, the Consultant will receive a salary of £50,000 - £55,000 plus £4,800 car allowance. The company also provide personal and professional growth opportunities within your role, 3rd party vendor training to maintain accreditation and you will have satisfaction gained from being part of a larger team.
If this sounds like the Network Consultant role for you, click the apply link online and send an updated copy of your CV today!