Senior Linux Administrator
Job Title: Senior Linux Administrator
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Depending on Experience
This is an exciting opportunity for you to deliver efficient management, optimisation, and security for our clients new Linux-based systems. We are currently looking for a Senior Linux Systems Administrator to join an international well-established manufacturing company in the East Lancashire Area.
- We are seeking a Linux Administrator who will be responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance, optimisation and support of our on-premise Linux Environment.
- Administer user system access and works to protect information to meet security requirements, following industry best practice.
- Monitor system performance to support capacity planning, backup and disaster recovery.
- Writing and implementing monitoring solutions to identify and address potential issues proactively.
- Research and evaluate new technologies.
Skills and Qualifications
- SUSE Linux Enterprise 12x, 15x administration
- Excellent command line Linux experience.
- Experience in one or more scripting languages (python/bash etc)
- Experience of working with IBM mainframes and IBM storage platforms is desired.
- Experience with cloud services (AWS/Azure)
- Experience with a RDBMS (Oracle/MySQL)
- Manage and maintain services Web hosting/DNS etc.
- Comfortable working with a dynamic job list
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to document and present completed work.
- Java experience is preferred.
Hours of Work – Office Based
Mon to Thurs 08.00 a.m. to 5.15 p.m. (30 minutes lunch break)
Friday 08.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. (no lunch break).
The post holder needs to have flexibility to work over other shifts and out of hours.
If you have a desire to work in an ambitious company and are able to deliver operational excellence then this role is made for you.