Software Development Manager
Due to the continued expansion of an established Constructions software delivery company, they are now seeking to fill a position that is open for a Software Development Manager to join their team in the Lancashire/Liverpool region.
They are seeking a Software Development Manager who wishes to progress their career and help the MD with product development and road mapping.
The company’s flagship product is a Solution for the Construction Industry around Compliance with Health and Safety regulations.
It’s a small 4-person Dev team and therefore you will be hands-on but also customer-facing for customer requirement gathering.
The responsibilities of the Software Development Manager will be:
To deliver quality software solutions to meet customer needs and for the ongoing development of a successful Industry leading product.
- Designing and developing software enhancements.
- Supervised a team of four developers.
- To design and deploy a remote working environment, structure, and processes.
- Liaising with the management team on innovation and product development.
- Planning and organising software development schedules.
- Ensuring customer projects are delivered according to agreed timescales.
- Use Azure DevOps to log all development, manage the source code repository, and track updates.
- Establish processes and the development cycle to cover design, build, test and release into a production environment.
There is some requirement for customer-facing activity.
Here are some attractive benefits for the Software Development Manager:
✔️ A competitive and generous salary, dependent on experience
✔️ Training and development of leading-edge technology.
✔️ A caring employer
✔️ An opportunity to make a difference with the product roadmap.
✔️ Company pension scheme of 8%.
✔️ 25 days + statutory holiday. Hours Mon-Fri 9 - 5.
The Key Skills of the Software Development Manager will include:
- Have at least five years’ experience in software design and development.
- Have experience working with the Microsoft .Net environment.
- Previous leadership skills would be an advantage.
- Capable of understanding customers' business requirements and formulating technical solutions.
- Be able to work in a team environment as part of the Company’s management team.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal with customers.
- Prepared to work additional hours as and when required.
Any of the following skills are a major benefit:
- Azure, AWS, Cloud Computing
The Tech Stack includes:
ASP.Net Web Forms – legacy systems
ASP.NET MNC – a couple of systems
ASP.NET Web APIs/.Net APIs for backend
AngularJS/Angular2+ for front end
EXPO combined with React Native