Trainee, IT Support Technician
We are delighted to be recruiting for an IT Trainee Support Technician to join a very busy proactive support desk team, supporting their external software user customers, dealing with support inquiries from pharmacist users of their software. Full training and support is provided.
The main responsibilities include being the external escalation point for the support desk providing first-time fixes where possible, providing IT and software support for their bespoke software and hardware applications.
The role will be conducted from their office in Chorley.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To provide telephone support to the user base utilising remote access tools
- Logging and categorising incoming calls and emails within our CRM system
- Active involvement in the documenting and updating of our knowledgebase
- Raising jobs to Engineers and liaising with them
- Taking ownership of incidents and progressing them quickly and efficiently
- Documenting issues/problems and raising to the 2nd line team
Experience and skills required from the IT Support Technician
- Good general IT skills
- Problem-solving attitude and aptitude
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage own workload effectively
- Excellent time management skills
- Attention to detail
- An ability to Take ownership
In return, we can offer you an exciting career in a growing company with an excellent salary to £19.5k base, a career path with an additional benefits package
If you are interested in this role, then please APPLY ASAP and we will be in touch with further details