3rd Line Engineer
Job Title: 3rd Line Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Are you a 3rd Line Engineer looking for a new challenge role? This fast-growing IT Support and Managed Services Provider, based outside of Chorley we are looking for strong 3rd line engineers to join the team.
Great opportunities for growth, and an excellent career path through the company.
As it is an IT Managed Service Provider, there will be lots of opportunities to get hands-on experience with a lot of different technology.
Our client has a diverse and loyal client-base spanning many sectors and are looking to expand the team with an experienced Microsoft-focused IT professional who can join us in offering affordable, friendly and effective support.
Joining as a Senior IT Support team member you will be involved in driving the customer experience. Whether you are finding solutions to technical problems; managing an incident; completing a project; capturing client requirements or keeping up-to-date with industry trends, you will play a vital role ensuring the delivery of great customer service.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills required:
- Min. 3-5 Years’ experience as an 3rd Line Engineer with a Managed Service Provider
- Sound knowledge of:
- Windows Server 2012/16/19
- Microsoft Exchange/O365
- Active Directory Administration
- VMware or Hyper-V
- Working knowledge of DNS/DHCP/Group Policy etc.
- Back-up and restore procedures
- Full UK Driving License
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, usually over the phone and by email.
- Ability to organise your time and ask for assistance when lack of time is an issue.
- Ability to follow a logical problem solving process.
- Ability to follow the Helpdesk procedures and seek advice when unsure.
Main Duties of the role:
As a competent 3rd Line Engineer you will be able to provide IT consultancy services to the full range of clients.
You will effectively support clients as requested in a timely manner in line with the client’s support contracts.
You are required to provide reactive and pro-active technical support services and incident management for the following types of work:
- Monitoring and maintaining systems and networks
- Installation and configuration of systems
- Diagnosing faults on both hardware and software
- Solving technical and application issues by phone, email or in person
- Walking clients through troubleshooting steps
- Re-fitting and/or replacing of client hardware
- Supporting updates and/or roll-outs for client applications (training of users as needed)
- Working to SLA’s
- Prioritising and managing multiple open tickets
- Establishing good working relationships with clients
In return, we can offer you an exciting career in a growing company with an excellent salary upto £40k base and benefits which includes: Pension, Parking and On-Going Training.
If you are interested in this role, then please APPLY ASAP and we will be in touch with further details.