Senior IT Engineer
Job Title: Senior IT Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £30k - £37k Plus Benefits
We have an opportunity for a Senior IT Engineer to join our IT Team, reporting into the IT Manager, and work as part of a small but effective support team. Supporting all sites across our Group.
Responsibilities would include:
- Assisting the IT Manager to ensure the effective running of the IT function.
- Deputising for the IT Manager when required.
- Assisting with the management and delivery of IT projects and key initiatives.
- Managing, maintaining and monitoring the IT systems, applications and infrastructure.
- Assisting with the installation of infrastructure, hardware, software and upgrades.
- Being a point of contact for IT related queries from colleagues and stores.
- Ensuring that IT security and system standards are maintained and developed.
- Assisting with general IT housekeeping tasks.
- Providing help, and advice, to colleagues on IT related matters.
The ideal candidate for our Senior IT Engineer role will have skills and experience in the following areas:
- Networking and maintaining a TCP/IP network, including DNS and DHCP
- Windows Server and Distributed File System
- Active Directory
- Ms Exchange/Office 365
- Microsoft products including 365, Windows 10 and Ms Office
On occasion you will be required to travel to all our sites, a full UK driving licence is a requirement of the role. It would also be beneficial to have experience in some of the following:
- Working within the Retail / Hospitality industries
- EPOS till systems and Chip&Pin Devices
- Warehouse/stock control hardware and systems
- Virtualization and cloud based technologies
- Familiarisation with MS SQL and databases
- IP Telephony
- ERP systems
- Middleware including FTP and EDI
- IT Security & GDPR legislation
- Familiarisation with website technologies, mobile devices and social media applications
Essential Personal Qualities:
- A positive and friendly attitude.
- A keenness to work within a team and to support your working colleagues.
- An appetite to learn and take on new challenges.
In return, we can offer you an exciting career in a growing company with excellent salary and benefits.