Account Manager, IT/MSP solutions
GK Recruitment Ltd
OVERVIEW OF THE ACCOUNT MANAGER:
- Reporting directly to the Sales Director this medium-sized GOLD Microsoft partner, you will be responsible for managing a defined base of their customer Accounts plus individual new business and winning of new clients; focused on the MS tech stack portfolio based around Microsoft Cloud including managed services and security services.
- This position requires clear communication, coordination, and management. The ability to work logically and maintain control whilst under pressure and make firm decisions based on common sense and judgment in difficult situations is paramount.
- The role is a hybrid/flexible role.
SCOPE OF ACCOUNT MANAGER ROLE & DUTIES:
- The goal is to retain and grow customers or accounts as long as possible and grow revenue and margin within Accounts.
- This is a proactive business account development role based on Microsoft Cloud Stack and its services and solutions. A tenacious sales approach and customer focus is essential with regular contact via face-to-face meetings, Teams video meetings, and telephone and communication via various Marketing methods.
- Additionally, there will be regular formal Account Reviews.
- Achieve monthly/annual sales targets.
- Build and maintain a pipeline of active sales opportunities to support target achievement.
- Identify, qualify, and close new sales opportunities.
- Accountability for owning meetings and relationships with customers and prospects.
- Maintain CRM and meet KPIs for sales forecasting.
- Active engagement in sales and company training
Minimum 2 years experience within IT markets. MSP / Microsoft / Cloud / Managed Services experience preferable
A solid understanding of the commercial impact technology has on a business and the ability to articulate this clearly both to technical and executive audiences is essential.
- Able to discuss business and technical drivers with CxO-level stakeholders.
- Understand a customer’s technology strategy and mapping it back to core business and strategic requirements.
- Participating in customer workshops, demonstrations, and proof of concepts.
- Ability to comprehend customer requirements and articulate value propositions.
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written.
- Presentation skills with a natural flair for engaging audiences.
Financials & Benefits:
- Up to £45k base
- Plus, £20 - £30k Comm plan, OTE package
- Target circa £200-£220k GP per annum
- Account base provided but the target will be split as 70% Bus Dev in Accounts and 30% New Business (New customers)
Additional Benefits include:
- Hybrid/flexible working
- Company social events
- Believers in work/life balance
- Progressive company
- Uncapped commission
- Business travel expenses where necessary